Wait, am I seeing... triple? (Still not sure of the week! Time to do some calculations)






Hi friends!

This week has been pretty great. There have been some pretty exciting moments. One of the most exciting is the fact that we are now in a trio! One of the sisters in the neighboring area has been having lots of health problems and had to go home. As a result we now have her companion with us! The catch, we have to cover her area too! So for the next little bit we're covering 4 wards! It's really fun! We all get along super great and it's been cool to have a 3rd person to bounce ideas off of. It's actually a huge blessing too. Sister Wilcox brings a lot to the table!

We had Zone conference this week! It is always really fun to meet up and see all the other missionaries nearby and also to get council from President Whitney.
I always learn a lot and I feel like I leave inspired to be better than I am. I know I have so much to improve on but I know I've got the Lord on my side to help me get to where I need to be.

We drove out the Zone conference with our STLs and we got Bahama Bucks afterward. It was just such a beautiful experience, I just had to mention it.

Our investigator Cecilia took us out to see Lake Ray Roberts! It was actually beautiful! I didn't realize how pretty it was! Half of it is in our area so if we were allowed to go swimming or boating we totally would stay in our boundaries hahaha! I suppose for now the shore is good enough. 

Hillary and Chris are getting baptized this Saturday! Their faith is so strong and they are so ready. They have made the changes necessary, they have made the decision to act in faith and they're doing great! 

Larry is still struggling a bit. It just goes from bad to worse. His temporal needs are lacking so much it's really hard for him to focus on his spiritual needs.

Jimmy is doing awesome! He is starting to really love to read the Book of Mormon with us! He also gave us more peacock feathers hahaha! One of the peacocks saw his reflection in the bumper of our car and started to attack it! It was so funny! 

I feel like it has just been a really good week. We've been meeting with lots of people, eating lots of food, having lots of once in a lifetime experiences. A mission is fantastic. I'm so grateful for the time I have to be a missionary out here in Denton, Texas. I love it out here and I haven't even died from the heat yet! I love you all so much!

With love, Sister Emma Joi Gardnerđź’•

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 in Texas!

Training in the middle of a transfer? Sure!

Texas week 9