Texas week 9

Hello y'all! 

Texas is so fantastic, there is never a dull moment. We definitely had some really funny moments this week! 

Last Monday, we went to go see a new investigator. She was super sweet and offered us dinner. She mentioned that it was minudo or the stomach of a cow. The wise words of one of my friends came into my head telling me, "never eat it! It is disgusting!" We had already eaten dinner however curiosity for the better of me and I decided I had to try it. So I told our investigator to give me just a little because we had already eaten. She came back with a whole bowl! It honestly wasn't terrible, just very chewy. Sister Park had some too and afterward asked me what we had just eaten. I told her and she seemed so stunned. Our investigator totally told us before but she missed that memo and was dying! It was soooo funny laughing all the way home about it!

Wednesday night Sister Park and I were talking and we bet that she will be engaged by the time I get home from my  mission. She said either way I'm going to owe her a gift😂 She's not wrong

On Fridays we paint nails for old ladies as a service project. As I was painting one lady's nails another lady asked her if she had a husband. This lady can't speak so she just nodded. Then, not even 5 minutes later she asked if she had a husband again! The lady whose nails I was painting gives me the most confused and angry look ever. It took all my energy to not bust out laughing. 

I also had a some incredible miracles this week! 

So this is more of a tender mercy but last Monday. So my mom said that she was making steak sandwiches for dinner and I was hardcore craving them. Then we went to dinner and they made us steak sandwiches!! It was pretty great.

The coolest miracle this week happened on Saturday. We had an address for a new move-in that haven't come to church yet. When we get to their address we soon found out there are a dozen apartments at this address. We said a prayer that we would be able to find their apartment and I had a feeling that we will be guided to their apartment. We started by seeing if any of the apartments had an indication of a last name. We walked past the mailboxes and poking out of one of the boxes was the name of the family we were looking for! We were able to go to their apartment! It was totally a miracle! God's hand was in that one! 

We did exchanges this week and I had to lead out the area. It was the first time I have ever been in charge without sister Park so I was pretty nervous. I did it though and I was able to learn so much! I was able to surprise myself by how much I was able to do. 

We taught A' s bible study this week! We taught them the Restoration and one of the ladies was not having it. She kept interrupting and asked random questions like why we weren't using the bible, why we kept switching off, why we didn't teach the same way she did. The one time she was silent though was while we were talking about the first vision. It was so incredible. Adewale later called and apologized for her behavior. Everyone else was super interested and it was really cool. And nobody could deny the spirit that was felt during the first vision. 

We had another incredible lesson with G! He's starting to recognize the spirit and he knows it. He told us that he never has felt this way before. It is so awesome! We wanted to share a few verses with him in the Book of Mormon. Instead of just reading a few verses, he kept reading. He totally enjoyed reading about the story! 

We read the Book of Mormon with C this week. She is getting so into it as well! She has started to liken the stories to herself. It means so much to her too. It's super incredible.

We also had an opportunity to serve someone and help them move into their new home. I was kinda irritated because they wouldn't give us their new address. Finally they did and we were able to make it work. After we were done I felt so much better and no longer irritated. Service heals the soul. 

I want to invite everyone to serve this week! It doesn't have to be big but it should be something that is an intentional act of service. 

I love you all! Thank you for all the support, I love it so much! I can feel your prayers! Until next week!

Love, Sister Emma Joi Gardner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 in Texas!

Training in the middle of a transfer? Sure!